On Sep 7, 2011, at 3:02 AM, goong001 wrote:

Im doing test on my sample using 1-sample Kolmogorov-smirnov test(poisson distribution) to specify my sample obtain avalanche effect. before i can compare my D value with the critical value(Dn, alpha), i have to specify which level of significance to use (eg. alpha = 0.01, 0.05, etc) and i don't understand, why is it related to the probability that the hypothesis will be
rejected when it is in fact true. please anyone help me....

This is not a statistics tutoring mailing list. (And this has no intrinsic connection with R programming.) You should try other sites, perhaps stats.stackexchange.com , to address your basic statistics question.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT