On 07/09/2011 3:46 PM, Michael Grant wrote:
I wish to test the hypothesis of mu equal to or less than 5 against the
specific alternative mu equal to or greater than 7.  I am unable to find how to
persuade R to do this with any function (e.g. t.test).  Suggestions?

According to the standard hypothesis testing theory, that test is identical to the alternative of mu > 5, so t.test would be fine (if it's okay at all, you don't say distributional assumptions). If you want to use a different basis for the test, you need to say what it is.

Duncan Murdoch