Thanks!

That's exactly it.
get gets it ;-)

Berry

From: michael.weyla...@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:54:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [R] access objects
To: berryboessenk...@hotmail.com
CC: r-help@r-project.org

The get() function should get you where you need.

Michael Weylandt

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Berry Boessenkool
<berryboessenk...@hotmail.com> wrote:

hi,

say I have consecutively numbered objects obj1, obj2, ... in my R workspace.

I want to acces one of them inside a function, with the number given as an
argument.

Where can I find help on how to do that? Somebody must have been trying to do
this before...

Some keywords to start a search are appreciated as well.

Here's an example, I hope it clarifies what I'm trying to do:

obj1 <- 7:9

obj2 <- 6:2

testf <- function(k) plot(  noquote(paste("obj", k, sep=""))  )

testf(1) # should plot obj1

Berry Boessenkool

D-14476 Potsdam (OT Golm)