1. The formula you used is not for a logistic but an ordinal regression (since you are using the default gaussian family rather than family="binomial" or whatever.

2. R (nor any other software) can deal with perfect separation (nor quasi-separation) of classes, since the problem is not well defined in such a case as you found out already. R will give a warning in that case, that the Fisher Scoring does not converge.

LDA will give perfect results in such a case (well, unless the within class covariance matrix is singular).

Best,
Uwe Ligges