On 2012-08-21 11:02, m p wrote:
Hello,
I have a problem writing a variable to an existing file.
Below is a part of my script and how it fails.
I can't find "create.var.ncdf" in help

You probably want 'create.ncdf'.

Peter Ehlers

Thanks for any help.
Mark

nc <- open.ncdf(ncname, readunlim=FALSE, write=TRUE )

missing <- 1.e+30

xdim <- nc$dim[["west_east"]]
ydim <- nc$dim[["south_north"]]
tdim <- nc$dim[["Time"]]

lscalevar <- var.def.ncdf(scalenames[ivar],
'gpoints', list(xdim,ydim,tdim), missing )

nc <- var.add.ncdf( nc, lscalevar )

for( i in 1:nt)
put.var.ncdf(nc,lscalevar,scale,verbose=TRUE )

#scale is an array dimensioned (nx,ny)

[1] "Hint: make SURE the variable was not only defined with a call to
def.var.ncdf, but also included in the list passed to create.var.ncdf"
Error in vobjtovarid(nc, varid, verbose = verbose) : stopping
In addition: Warning message:
In is.na(vals) : is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'closure'