On 2012-11-13 10:49, vinay_ragas wrote:
Hello.

I am new to R and I like it very much... I am learning to use it day-by-day.
I have a query which might be a novice level for you. I want to know how to
change the background and text colours in the R console. Doing google
searches, I found to go to preferences in Edit and to change them. All I
could do is to change the colours and then save them as a format and on each
usage, I have to load those setup using the saved file.

I want to change this once for all. And am crazy about the MATRIX themes, so
I would like to have the black as background and green2 as the text file.
Please help me in this.

And by the way, I use Windows 7, and installed R 2.13.0 version.

Regards,
Vinay

Look for the file Rconsole in the RHome/etc folder.
Then look for (near the bottom):

  ## Colours for console and pager(s)
  # (see rwxxxx/etc/rgb.txt for the known colours).
  background = White
  normaltext = NavyBlue
  usertext = Red
  highlight = DarkRed

Adjust to suit your tastes and save.
For example, my aging eyes prefer

  background = black
  normaltext = DarkSeaGreen
  usertext = yellow
  highlight = HotPink

And you should really consider updating your R version.

Peter Ehlers