Hello R-help team,

I seek your help (for what is most likely a very simple problem). I'm new
to Ubuntu and tried to install R using the Ubuntu Software Center. However,
after clicking the install command, I always get prompted with the error "
Failed to download package files --- check your internet connection".
Details: Failed to fetch
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/a/apparmor/dh-apparmor_2.7.102-0ubuntu3.1_all.deb404
 Not Found [IP: 91.189.92.200 80]

However, my internet connection is perfectly fine and I've already
installed a bunch of programs using the Software Center without any
problems. I've tried various of the available R packages (also the
Rcommander) and always get this same error. Perhaps it has something to do
with the server/mirror?

Alternatively, I've downloaded a .zip of the package, but so far I've
failed to install the program. With me, for now, being an unequivocal
Ubuntu dummy I would prefer the straightforward Software Center route and
in any case I wonder why it does not work for me.

Best regards and thanks in advance!

Karel van Duijvenboden (Netherlands)