On 2012-11-15 18:36, Andre Zege wrote:
I took a look at Hadley's lubridate which seems a very neat package, but i am
having a small problem with  concatenating lubridates to build vectors of it.
Namely when function c( )  is applied to lubridate seems to change time to a
local timezone in this particular case changing the date to previous one.

d<-ymd('20111231')
[1] "2011-12-31 UTC"
c(d)
[1] "2011-12-30 19:00:00 EST"

Is this the expected behavior and if yes, how could it be avoided for this
function and the others that possibly do the same? I mean, i could create the
date in my local timezone and avoid this, but if i don't do it, is there an
option in environment or functions to avoid this from happening -- otherwise i
need to watch out for nasty bugs.

Thanks
Andre

It is expected. Look at

 attributes(d)

and

 attributes(c(d))

You'll see that c() removes the 'tzone' attribute.
This is mentioned on the help page for POSIXct.
The only way I know to 'fix' this is to reassign the
attribute:

 e <- c(d)
 attr(e, "tzone") <- "UTC"

But there might a better solution to whatever the real problem is.

Peter Ehlers