On 01/30/2013 11:17 AM, John Sorkin wrote:
I am not sure why one would want a relative risk from a logistic
regression. The measure of association from a logistic regression is the
odds ratio, not the relative risk.
John

Yes, the natural measure, when using the logit link, is the OR. I always use that myself, but if you use the log link, you get RR. As for why you would, I would suggest it's because physicians think they understand a RR better than and OR.

"Kevin E. Thorpe" <kevin.tho...@utoronto.ca> 1/30/2013 11:14 AM >>>
On 01/30/2013 09:02 AM, nalluri pratap wrote:
 > Relative risk = exp(coef(model))

Only if you fit using the log link.  Using the logit link, this gives
odds ratios.

Kevin E. Thorpe
Head of Biostatistics,  Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC)
Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael's
Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
University of Toronto
email: kevin.tho...@utoronto.ca  Tel: 416.864.5776  Fax: 416.864.3016