Many thanks Albin,

Problem solved. This works fine for me now.

library(RODBC)
con<-odbcConnect("mydb")
odbcQuery(con,"SET search_path =meso, pg_catalog;")
d<-sqlFetch(con,"trees")
sqlSave(d,"trees2")

Duncan

Albin Blaschka wrote:
Duncan Golicher writes:

[snip]
thread that I found led to an obvious solution. Brian Ripley pointed out the issue with the dot syntax and suggested that "you can set the schema and then use unqualified names." Does anyone know how this can be done for postgresql?
[snip]

The SQL-Syntax for this is:
SET search_path = schemaname, anotherschema, pg_catalog;

So, you have to pass this to postgres beforehand...
Remark: pg_catalog is necessary, it is needed for general, built-in functions of postgres

Hope that helps,

Greetings, Albin

--
Dr Duncan Golicher
Conservación y Restauración de los bosques de Chiapas

Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype: duncangolicher
WebLog http://duncanjg.wordpress.com/

Using Thunderbird on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04