Hi Bert, Dennis,

I'll agree that using a barchart was a poor choice. I was in fact using a
notched bwplot to show the median and confidence interval of the median. In
this case it's the median and confidence interval that I want to highlight,
and I find that the visual noise of the box and whiskers is detracting from
the focus, and those wee notches are not much to focus on. So, I'd like to
draw a stripplot with error bars, preferably in Lattice. Let's call this a
TIE fighter plot. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Shaun