Hello Carlijn

Well the documentation for trimfill says they are added.

library(metafor)
example(trimfill)

This now leaves you with
res
res.tf

By looking at these and seeing which vectors have grown you should be able to extract the yi and vi which you want.

Wolfgang will doubtless be on the list soon to tell us there is a neater way of doing this.