Hi Manisha,

How about you incluse something like this on your script.R:

setwd("/your/full/working/directory")   # ?setwd
save.image()    # or save.image("your_workspace.RDA").

By the way, I donĀ“t know if you added the line below to run in background:
R --save < calculate.R >& script.out

May be the rigth thing is
R --save < calculate.R > script.out &

Good luck.