Dear Avril

I think you will find that predict.lm returns a matrix not a data frame. I find str() useful when R does things I did not expect or quite understand.

Michael

On 10/08/2015 09:20, alc wrote:

Dear all,

I'm wondering how can I access the confidence interval values ('upr' and
'lwr' values) produced by the 'predict' function. For example, I fitted
a linear regression line using:

  fit <- lm(y ~ x)

I then wanted to calculate a 95% confidence interval for the line, and
did this using:

  ci <- predict(fit, data.frame(x), interval="confidence")

I see that the 'ci' object has 'upr' and 'lwr' variables stored in it,
but am not sure how to access them properly.

I find I can do it using:

  upper <- as.data.frame(ci)$upr
  lower <- as.data.frame(ci)$lwr

However, I'm wondering is there a more 'proper' way to do it in R? I
find that things like ci$upr don't seem to work, but am not sure what's
the right way?

Kind Regards,

Avril

--