Hi there,

The subset function is available on your Base R. So you need not to load any
package.
May be it is not working because I suppose that your "rownames" is a
sequential one (1...4000). Case it is not true, the command will not work.

Anyway, I think that those line that are working find is simple than you use
%in%... etc.

Good luck,

miltinho
Brazil