Took me a few days to get a reply from the student. The code he is running is:

library(ripa)

img<-readJPEG( "arthurs-seat.jpg" )
hist(fftImg(img))

I see the same error as the student on many systems. When I run
require(ripa) on the machine I mentioned before:

> require('ripa')

>img<-readJPEG( "arthurs-seat.jpg" )
>hist(fftImg(img))
Error in .C("fftw_access_func", as.complex(img), as.integer(w),
as.integer(h),  :
  "fftw_access_func" not available for .C() for package "ripa"

If I should take the conversation off of r-help as I loop in the
package maintainer, please let me know.

Thanks,
Eric

--
Eric Handler
Academic Information Associate - Science Division