On 9/8/21 3:13 AM, Sigurjón Þorsteinsson wrote:
Hi

I am looking for a solution to this problem
library(geepack)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘geepack’:
  .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'pillar', details:
   call: readRDS(nsInfoFilePath)
   error: unknown input format

More information:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69073165/r-many-package-imports-have-issues-related-to-pillar

If you search on SO you find that the error typically lies in failing to properly update R package libraries when you upgrade to a new installation of R. So it may not have anything to to do with the pillar package specifically.  My understanding (not an expert understanding) is that this arises because the serialization protocol of rds files may differ from version to version.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6473831/readrdsfile-in-r

You might first follow the usual path of removing any .Rdata and .Rhistory files

Then an R console command to try might be:

update.packages(checkBuilt=TRUE, ask=FALSE) # may take a long time

--

David.

Thanks for helping
Sigurjon