Hello,

I've been enjoying using the "Mixture and Hidden Markov Models in R" by Visser
& Speekenbrink to learn how to apply these analyses to my own data using
depmixS4.

I currently have a fitted 4-state mixture model with three emissions variables
and one binomial covariate (HS). I am trying to compute confidence intervals
using the following code, where fmms4s is the model:

fmms4Svov <- vcov(fmms4S)$vcov  #this line runs fine
fmms4Sse <- standardError(fmms4S)  #this is where I get the error
fmms4SCI <- confint(fmms4S)

This worked fine before I added the covariate, but with the covariate I receive
a warning message: In sqrt(diag(vc$vcov)) : NaNs produced.
As a result, several of my parameters have NaNs as CIs.  In general, I get this
error more frequently for more complex models (even when these models converge
and show a better fit than simpler models) but I cannot find any information as
to why this happens.  Getting rid of one of the emissions variables but leaving
the covariate also seems to �fix� the issue but it crops up quite often for me
in general.

Many thanks,
Heather