Apologies in advance if my comments don't help, in which case, no need
to respond,  but I noted in ?ksmooth:

"bandwidth
the bandwidth. The kernels are scaled so that their quartiles (viewed
as probability densities) are at ± 0.25*bandwidth." So, could this be
a source of the discrepancies you cited?

Given that ?ksmooth explicitly says:

"Note:
This function was implemented for compatibility with S, although it is
nowhere near as slow as the S function. Better kernel smoothers are
available in other packages such as KernSmooth."

One wonder why you bother with it at all? (That was rhetorical -- do
not answer).

Cheers,
Bert