Tord:   The logistic zero-inflation portion of the zeroinfl()
implementation of ZIP or ZINB predict the probability of 0 rather than the
probability of 1 (>0 counts) so the signs of the coefficients are often
reversed from how you would expect them to be if you had just performed a
logistic regression.  I'm guessing that the hurdle model as a two-stage
model is using a logistic regression predicting the probability of 1,
hence the reversed signs of the estimates in the logistic regression
portion of the model.

Brian

Brian S. Cade, PhD

U. S. Geological Survey