On Jan 4, 2010, at 1:13 PM, David Winsemius wrote:

On Jan 4, 2010, at 12:32 PM, Victor Kyros wrote:

Dear all,

I'm writing code to do automatically several
calculations and gather the results in a matrix.

I have the following vectors and
I just want to make a matrix with them:

VD1
VD2
VD3
VD12

cbind( 1:12, matrix(c(VD1, ..., VD12), nrow=12, byrow=TRUE) )

or..

cbind( 1:12, rbind(VD1, ..., VD12) )

*In this case, this series of vectors stops there, in 12,
but it could be a higher number or smaller.
(for example: VD1, VD2 and VD3; only)
(or for example: VD1, VD2, ... till VD78)

All vectors have the same length, 9.
And vectors should be entered by row.
Besides, I would like to add a column with the number of the vector.

Something like this:

1     44    23    0.3    ...
2     51    27    0.8    ...
3     40    24    0.6    ...
4     47    18    0.2    ...
5     52    30    1.2    ...
...   ...   ...   ...    ...
12    39    22    0.5    ...

I hope I've explained myself good enough.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me.

Vilen

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories
West Hartford, CT