On Feb 3, 2010, at 9:28 AM, Peng Yu wrote:

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:22 PM, David Winsemius <dwinsem...@comcast.net > wrote:

On Feb 3, 2010, at 12:20 AM, Peng Yu wrote:

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:14 PM, David Winsemius <dwinsem...@comcast.net >
wrote:

On Feb 3, 2010, at 12:11 AM, Peng Yu wrote:

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:04 PM, David Winsemius
<dwinsem...@comcast.net>
wrote:

On Feb 2, 2010, at 11:42 PM, Peng Yu wrote:

It seems that Eq (2) in the vignettes for the 'contrast' packages is not correct. That is, the numerator on the right hand side should be $c' \beta$ rather than $c' \lambda$, right? If I'm correct, could
somebody notice the author to fix it?

Do it yourself.

What do you mean? I have two questions. I assume you are answering my
second questions. Would you please make sure that your reply is
complete to avoid any confusions?

If you think there is an error, then you should contact the package
maintainer. Simple (and complete) as that.

If you don't want to check, then don't post with nonsense reply.

Its the advice that you could and _should_ have read in the Posting Guide.

I'm not clear how my original post violate the posting guide
http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html. Would you please be
specific which item I violated?

Your use of "violated", not mine.

"For questions about functions in standard packages distributed with R (see the FAQ Add-on packages in R), ask questions on R-help. If the question relates to a contributed package , e.g., one downloaded from CRAN, try contacting the package maintainer first. "

Have you tried contacting the contrast package maintainer?

--
David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories