On 19/07/2018 10:20 AM, Stuart Lacy via R-package-devel wrote:
I've just submitted a new release of my package multistateutils to CRAN
but have received an automated email back asking if I've fixed the
errors from the previous release. Firstly, why was the previous release
accepted onto CRAN if it had errors?

Iñaki answered your main question. For this first question, there are several possible explanations. The most common one is that the tests have become more stringent than they were at the previous submission. It's also possible that there has been a big enough change in R or one of the compilers or other tools that something that worked before no longer works.

Duncan Murdoch