I think you got caught by a common misinterpretation of the auto-check output from the Debian machine. It **appends** the

Current CRAN status

at the bottom of the check log. So you see the check results for your submitted version and then, below, for comparison, the results for the package version currently on CRAN (which indeed gives the NOTE from checking compiled code).

Best regards,

        Sebastian Meyer