On Tue, 26 Sept 2023 at 10:29, Sameh Abdulah <sameh.abdu...@kaust.edu.sa> wrote:

> Thanks for replying!
>
> The main problem that this warning from a C library that I am relying on, I
> have no control to fix the warning there. So, I am still getting this warning
> from R, when building my package.

We don't have a way of knowing for sure, because you didn't provide a
link to the package in question, so I'm just guessing here. From your
description, it seems that you vendor OpenBLAS in your package, and
that's why you get a warning. Then you *do* have control to fix that:
just patch your copy appropriately. This is what e.g. the BH package
(and others) do. And in this case it would be nice to send the fix
upstream too.

Iñaki

> Best,
> --Sameh
>
> From: R-package-devel <r-package-devel-boun...@r-project.org> on behalf of
> Jeff Newmiller via R-package-devel <r-package-devel@r-project.org>
> Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 11:19 AM
> To: r-package-devel@r-project.org <r-package-devel@r-project.org>
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [R-pkg-devel] Warning: a function declaration without
> a prototype is deprecated in all versions of C
> This error arises because you are not declaring the function properly before
> you call it... likely because you have not included the appropriate header
> file or because you have typoed the function call.
>
> If you provide a link to your package someone may point you more precisely to
> your error, but this is a pretty basic C language question rather than an R
> package question so it isn't technically on topic here.
>
> On September 26, 2023 12:58:25 AM PDT, Sameh Abdulah
> <sameh.abdu...@kaust.edu.sa> wrote:
> >Dear Colleagues,
> >

> >I've encountered a warning in my package that states:
> >
> >'warning: a function declaration without a prototype is deprecated in all
> >versions of C [-Wstrict-prototypes].'
> >
> >This warning originates from one of the libraries I depend on, specifically
> >OpenBLAS. So, I have no control to fix it inside OpenBLAS.
> >
> >I'm not sure how to resolve this issue.
> >

> >Best regards,
> >--Sameh"
> >

> --

> --
>
> This message and its contents, including attachments are intended solely
> for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have
> received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete
> this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or
> distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing
> this email.

Iñaki Úcar