The sources show that crossprod has become a primitive function. I don't think this should affect any R code that calls crossprod(); are you trying to call .Internal(crossprod( ... )) directly?

This was in the news a few weeks ago:

"The matrix multiplication functions ‘crossprod()’ and ‘tcrossprod()’ are now also primitive and S3 generic, as ‘%*%’ had become in R 4.3.0."

Duncan Murdoch