Dear Uwe Ligges,

On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 15:50:44 +0100
Uwe Ligges <lig...@statistik.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> So we are looking for a person volunteering to take over 'XML'.
> Please let us know if you are interested.

Unless someone else has been discussing this with CRAN in private or
had a package depending on XML and was planning to step up but forgot,
I would like to volunteer.

I'm assuming that the Omegahat page is best preserved in its current
form for historical reasons, so instead I have prepared a Git
repository and a page with an option to file issues on the Codeberg
forge: https://codeberg.org/aitap/XML

With the help of the amazing list members, I have also set up a virtual
machine to run the reverse dependency checks, so it should be possible
to avoid immediate breakage if I have to make any changes.

That's the theory, at least.

(Also, thank you for your reply to my question!)

--
Best regards,
Ivan