On 11 Jul 2011, at 17:27, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Federico Calboli wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> can I ask if anyone can tell me which of these files belongs to the Gfortran
>> and tcltk R Mac tools instalation please:
>>

> I suppose you mean GNU Fortran - but which one? The recent ones live along
> Xcode so the answer would be none. If you have the older, separate Fortran
> then it has an uninstaller script that lists all files - it should be in
> /usr/local/bin/gfortran-uninstall or you can consult pkgutils (see below).

I mean this one:

http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/cran/bin/macosx/tools/

Is this still needed or does the XCode fortran completely replace it?

> But in either case, you can check installed files very easily using pkgutil -
> it is very powerful and can tell you which files are installed by whom and
> vice versa.
> For example:
>
> Fino:~$ pkgutil --file-info /usr/local/lib/tclConfig.sh
> volume: /
> path: /usr/local/lib/tclConfig.sh

$ pkgutil --file-info /usr/local/lib/tclConfig.sh
volume: /
path: /usr/local/lib/tclConfig.sh

is all I get, possibly because my Mac is a 'time machine' installation of an
older machine. Similarly:

$ pkgutil --files org.r-project.other.tcltk.x11
No receipt for 'org.r-project.other.tcltk.x11' found at '/'.

$ pkgutil --files org.r-project.other.tcltk.x11
No receipt for 'org.r-project.other.tcltk.x11' found at '/'.

Would it be reasonable to

1) uninstall gfortran
2) rm -rf /usr/local/lib
3) reinstall from http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/cran/bin/macosx/tools/ both
gfortran (if needed) and tcltk and see what happens?

bw

Federico C. F. Calboli
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Imperial College, St. Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG

Tel +44 (0)20 75941602   Fax +44 (0)20 75943193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com