Note that at the moment there are many missing binary packages for 3.4.0, and BioC will update all their versions when BioC 3.5 is released this coming week. So I would wait a few days before updating, especially if you prefer to use binary packages.

> nrow(available.packages(, type="source"))
[1] 10477
> nrow(available.packages(, type="binary"))
[1] 9779

whereas for 3.3.3 10356 are available.