Somehow you sent HTML only, and that renders oddly in Thunderbird.

Have you considered GhostScript? That used to be my viewer of choice for Postscript long ago. I think TeXShop may be a wrapper.

My box has Photoshop as the default viewer for .eps and TeXShop for .ps. I almost never use Photoshop: it comes as part of Adobe's Photographers Bundle.

Brian