Hi Manuel,

I have also a Mac (ARM) and before that a Mac (Intel) and I always proceed
in the other way around.

   - Download Miniconda for your Mac ARM and install it.
      -  https://docs.conda.io/projects/miniconda/en/latest/
      - It is also possible to install it via homebrew (brew install --cask
      miniconda)
   - When you install it, it automatically will create an environment
   ("base") for you, plus also, it will update your .zhrc or your .profile
   with the right $PATH variable.
   - Now you can create (via CLI) a new environment in a Terminal. I prefer
   this rather than Anaconda's GUI.
   - "conda create --name your_environ_name python=your_python_version"
      - Activate this environment (conda activate your_environ_name)
      - And install the packages you need, either with "pip" or with
      "conda".
   - You can repeat these steps to create new environments.

Now, you have this, you can say to RStudio to use this just created
environment.

   - Tools > Global Options > Python
   - And  under Python, it automatically will show you all the different
   python versions installed in your machine, and also if you have an
   environment. In this list should appear your environment.

If you have issues, we can follow with this conversation in the R-Help-es
(in Spanish)....

Thanks,
Carlos Ortega

On Fri, Sep 8, 2023 at 12:43 AM Manuel Spínola <mspinol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear R-Sig-Mac community,
>
> I did
>
> library(reticulate)
>
> install_miniconda()
>
> Now, when I try this in the mac terminal
>
> conda --version
>
> -bash: conda: command not found
>

> RStudio ask to update conda with
>

> ==> WARNING: A newer version of conda exists. <==
>   current version: 23.3.1
>   latest version: 23.7.3
>

> Please update conda by running
>
>     $ conda update -n base -c conda-forge conda
>
> Or to minimize the number of packages updated during conda update use
>
>      conda install conda=23.7.3
>

> I wrote in my terminal:
>

> conda update -n base -c conda-forge conda
>
> -bash: conda: command not found
>

> How can I solve this?
>

> --
> *Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
> Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre
> Universidad Nacional
> Apartado 1350-3000
> Heredia
> COSTA RICA
> mspin...@una.cr <mspin...@una.ac.cr>
> mspinol...@gmail.com
> Teléfono: (506) 8706 - 4662
> Sitio web institucional: ICOMVIS
> <http://www.icomvis.una.ac.cr/index.php/manuel>
> Sitio web personal: Sitio personal <https://mspinola-sitioweb.netlify.app>
> Blog sobre Ciencia de Datos: Blog de Ciencia de Datos
> <https://mspinola-ciencia-de-datos.netlify.app>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]