On 04/04/2024 17:46, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
You need to install XQuartz. This is IMO stated somewhat clearly at
   https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/
("somewhat", because - as always - it seems pretty clear when you know what
its trying to say)

And definitely clear in the R-admin manual:

"Various parts of the build require XQuartz to be installed: see https://www.xquartz.org/releases/.20 These include the tcltk package and the X11 graphics device: attempting to use these without XQuartz will remind you."

Without the actual messages, I cannot check if that corresponds to what the OP saw. But it probably was from

                message("tcltk DLL is linked to ", shQuote(this))
stop("X11 library is missing: install XQuartz from www.xquartz.org",

and he omitted the second line ....

Kasper

On Thu, Apr 4, 2024 at 9:13 AM Gregory via R-SIG-Mac <