From: Antigoni Kaliontzopoulou <antig...@mail.icav.up.pt>
Sender: r-sig-phylo-boun...@r-project.org
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 10:26:02
To: <r-sig-phylo@r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-sig-phylo] ape and pvclust

Hi Mathias,

a fast way to see/check the order of nodes in the tree (before assigning
any values to the nodes) is:

plot(mytree)
nodelabels()

The labels you need to show will then have to be a vector with its
elements in the order of the numbering of nodes you see in the tree.
Normally nodes in ape tree objects are numbered from root to tips and
from bottom to top (although a practical test will be more illustrative).

You would probably also have to play with the parameters of nodelabels()
for formatting.

Hope this helps
Antigoni

On 11/19/2011 02:07 AM, Walter, Mathias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if it's possible to plot the au and bp values computed by
> pvclust on the nodes of an pyhlo tree of the ape package.
>
> It should look like here:
> http://treethinkers.blogspot.com/2008/10/labeling-trees-posterior-probability.html
>
> I tried to transfer the computed values put they are not assigned to
> the right node. Does anybody know how to do this?
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Mathias

Antigoni Kaliontzopoulou

CIBIO, Centro de Investigacao em Biodiversidade e Recursos Geneticos
Campus Agrario de Vairao, 4485-661 Vairao
PORTUGAL
Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology
Iowa State University, Ames,
Iowa 50011, USA

tel: +351 91 3086188
mail to: antig...@mail.icav.up.pt