Hi Pascal,

The assumption of normality in GLS, as in OLS, concerns the residuals not the data. A recent reference on this issue is:

Alain F. Zuur, Elena N. Ieno and Chris S. Elphick: A protocol for data exploration to avoid common statistical problems. Methods in Ecology & Evolution 2010, 1, 3–14. doi: 10.1111/j.2041-210X.2009.00001.x

To answer your specific question, I'm not aware of such nonparametric method though a Monte Carlo procedure might be feasible.

Best,

Emmanuel