Dear John.

You could try running .uncompressTipLabel on the "multiPhylo" object. Let us know if that works.

All the best, Liam

Liam J. Revell, Associate Professor of Biology
University of Massachusetts Boston
& Profesor Asociado, Programa de Biología
Universidad del Rosario
web: http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/