OK. I'm pretty deep in this rabbithole, but forgive me if I'm skipping some
details.

I've spent a good portion of yesterday, and a unreasonable chunk of today,
trying to build Racket for aarch64 on Android using Termux for the build
environment (yes, I'm building this on the target (a phone), so no
cross-compilation shenanigans). Recently, I've been able to reliably
produce a working `racket` binary, but `raco` fails to build on account of
`ffi-lib` not being able to find where the system libraries are (this is
what I think is happening).

So, question: how to I point out where the system libs live in such that
ffi-lib can find them?

Steps to reproduce:
0. download source bundle with prebuilt packages
(downloads.racket-lang.org).
1. run configure from tarball root: `src/configure --enable-csonly
--enable-sysroot=$PREFIX --prefix=$PREFIX --exec-prefix=$PREFIX`
2. `make` -- works flawlessly
3. `make install` -- errors:
make[4]: Entering directory
'/data/data/com.termux/files/home/racket-8.2/cs/c'
/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin/racket -Z ../../../../../build/config
-X "/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/share/racket/collects" -G
"/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/etc/racket"  -Z
../../../../../build/config  -N "raco" -l- setup
--no-user

ffi-lib: could not load foreign library
  path: [all opened]
  system error: unknown error

context...:

body of
"/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/share/racket/collects/openssl/mzssl.rkt"

body of
"/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/share/racket/collects/setup/main.rkt"
4. Hypothesis: ffi-lib can't find libssl, located in $PREFIX/lib. `raco`
needs this to securely communicate with package catalogs.
5. Result: no `raco`, but `racket` works just fine.