Instance mode is the mode where the whole Radiant code is copied into
your project?
If I understand correctly, instance mode is required to develop
extensions (which I intend to to). Or are there other means?

I am sorry, its all a bit vague to me. Perhaps I have not yet seen the
right documentation. Or perhaps there are just too many options :)

What would be the appropriate way to operate when you want to develop an
extension which will be available for others, potentially through svn,
but definitely through some other way (gem?)? (Perhaps important: I
still did not have time to finish my svn setup.)

I wrote a camping application to manage a virtual e-mail domain with
postfix (redirects only). I would like to convert it to a Radiant extension.

Regards,
    Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten