You can enable sessions for a particular extension by doing something
like this:

class YourExtension < Radiant::Extension
  def activate
    YourController.class_eval { session :disabled => false }
  end
end

This works on Radiant 6.0.3. I found this on the mailing list. I do not
think this is documented.

Regards,
    Erik.

--