In modern parlance, Grant follows his bliss. He followed his bliss and built
bikes sized to fit people and have handlebars at or above saddle height. This
is now common in the industry. He followed his bliss and built bikes for
country riding. Tires industry wide became wider. It took a while, but the
“country bike” category eventually became gravel, then allroad. He followed his
bliss and built bikes for the dead and gone tire size 650b. 650b (aka 27.5) is
now ubiquitous in the industry. He has a bit of a track record of doing things
that the industry catches up with, often usurps.

Will that happen with the Hillybike phenom that started the amazing movement to
get out into the wilds and experience and love nature rather than dominate her?
Will companies like Surly decide to do the same type of geometry but less well,
more affordable? Will rim brakes and wider rims that work with them make a
resurgence? Will people realize that the joy of riding in the wilds is not in
the time it takes between a and b, but the time between a and b? Time will tell.

I’m in. My Boots (to be christened Beorn), ships sometime next week. This is
the riding I already do, and Gus Boots Willsen looks to be a bike that does it
better yet. Purposly built to be an AllWays bike (not limited to roads, like
allroad bikes are) that can handle bikepacking with aplumb and have a happy,
comfortable engine the entire time.

With abandon,
Patrick

www.MindYourHeadCoop.org