FWIW the Sachs freewheels that I've ridden for 20+ are so quiet I can only
hear the clicks when I have them in hand for a cleaning. I don't know about
any currently sold ones as to noise levels but I've never had a loud
freewheel.  I listen to some audio clips of current freehubs and I couldn't
live with that.  Maybe it's a pissing contest between manufacturers to see
who can make theirs the loudest and most annoying, as if that's putting
their brand sound "out there" with some faux force. Maybe they should come
with a megaphone .... "look at me look at me ain't I grand ". Hah hah ....
no deal !