I think frame size has a lot to do with it, with or without 2 TT.  I bet the
main triangle size - the area from the lower top tube to the downtube and seat
tube on the 62 Joe was bigger than the Roadeo, not to mention the longer
chainstays.  Tires too.  62 Joe had 50mm Big Apples.  I think the forks on
those 1st Gen Joe's weren't as stout either.  Of all of them, that was the best
riding bike, almost perfect responsiveness/flex for me.  I only got rid of it
because it was too tight in the crotch. That order was just based on my feel
riding the bikes on the same routes with he same level of effort.  Nothing
scientific, I didn't measure deflections or anything and others may feel
different if they've ridden them too. I will say the Clem's are definitely more
flexy than the Roadeo though.  No question on that in my mind. Not in a bad way
though; still strong, capable bikes.  All the bikes are fun to ride. The Roadeo
is extremely responsive, responds instantly to pedal input, reminds me of
stiffer aluminum road bikes that I've had in the past in terms of
responsiveness, but more compliant and comfortable.