We're Fun-bikers. Fun-cyclists? I don't know. We live in a weird world
where most of us love the bikes and the gear and the experience of riding,
but maybe we don't want to go super hard or super-extreme.

I posted a photo of a ride on the Rivendellicious facebook group. A guy on
the group recognized exactly where I was and we started chatting. Now we go
for riv-style rides once or twice a month.

Having said all this, I still find myself in bicycle subgenres all the
time. I have a friend with whom I do a lot of gravel riding and go on
off-road adventures. I do lycra road riding with an organized club. I have
some friends who ride for exercise and just want to do high intensity, 45
minute morning rides. I have musician friends that ride bikes and we
sometimes do rides just to hang out. I have friends from the Rivendell
world. I'd love to pull some of these groups together, but realistically
it's just hard to make the different styles come together. A lot of times
I'll just send a ride invite to a bunch of friends, and then I tailor the
ride and choose my bike based on who says yes ;)

Cheers!
Ben