Re: "old time bikes" - I was recently struck by how recently bicycles of
any kind first existed, when I learned that Jonathan the tortoise lives on
Saint Helena in the South Atlantic and was at least 40 years old when the
penny-farthing bicycle was
invented! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_(tortoise)