I am frankly amazed at the workout Pam is giving her bike, to wear out
multiple shifter pawls! I can imagine a few ways to do a repair, none of
which are "worth it", in terms of resource and money cost (3D printing,
filing down a bit of aluminum bar, CNC milling). The most expedient fix,
IMO, would be to epoxy the ratchet gear to the shifter body so that the
both directions work in friction mode.
-Wes