Matt in STL - thanks for the compliment. The Ruthworks rando bag is
constructed with a sleeve that the 'tombstone loop'  on the rack slips up
into - it's a fairly snug fit. The underside of the bag is then secured to
the rack with velcro straps. It was perfectly stable on its maiden voyage,
even on a long fire road descent.  If it loosens up over time, it does have
a loop for an additional strap on the underside. What appears to be an
anchor is a small carabiner that I added to make it easier to secure the
closure for the top flap - the bars sit too far above the 8" bag to secure
it over the stem in traditional rando fashion, though I may play around
with attaching a ring to the neck of the stem. If you're not familiar with
Ruthworks, it's a one man operation in San Francisco -
https://www.ruthworkssf.com