The only valid way to answer this is to ride them and find out if you like
it or not. There is no amount of talking about them on the internet that
can answer the question. That said, I think it's intuitive that it will
improve comfort even before swinging a leg over one for the same reason
sitting in the middle of the bus is more comfortable than over the rear
axle of the bus. At the same time, improving weight balance front to rear
will benefit front wheel traction, and this is very relevant to Riv's focus
on safe riding bikes. Not enough weight on the front tire is a recipe for
the front wheel washing out.  I would also appreciate the ample heel
clearance with panniers.

I had the proto Charlie for a bit with 50cm chainstays and it rode nice, I
saw no drawback to the long rear end, and it improved all the points noted
above. I wouldn't want them for a bike that I sprint on, or ride really
playfully like my Wombat, but love it for a touring or commuting bike.