Il 17/07/2023 13:25, Andrew Newton ha scritto:
Hi Mario, my responses are inline.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 3:42 AM Mario Loffredo
<mario.loffr...@iit.cnr.it> wrote:

[ML]

1) In addition to Pawel's feedback, it seems to me that, unless you
leverage a REST plugin, you are unable to use this extension through a
web browser.
The browser Javascript Fetch API supports setting Accept headers.
There is no need for a specific plugin.

I meant just a raw web browser not a browser-based client.

Mario

2) Does this document update RFC 9083 ?

RFC 9083 states that type is an OPTIONAL member of the link data
structure while this document states that "application/rdap+json media
type is RECOMMENDED when the URI references RDAP resources"
I don't think so. This RECOMMENDED is only for rdap-x.

As an aside note of the considerations at point 1, would like to know
the current WG's opinion about how relevant is making an RDAP server
easily accessible by a web browser.

If I remember well, it has been vey relevant in the past. But this
document goes in the opposite direction. Hence I'm not so sure it will
keep on being relevant in the future.
All of the RIRs and ICANN have browser-based RDAP clients. Plus there
are a handful of independent browser-based clients. So they are very
relevant. I even wrote one a number of years ago using jQuery. Here is
where it sets an explicit Accept header media type:
https://github.com/anewton1998/rdap_webspa/blob/8e49ee8fae56dd2cbdd3fd575d38e9f8996b6dcf/src/logic.js#L416

But there is no need to draw a distinction between browser-based
clients and non-browser clients in this regard. Both should work.

-andy

Dott. Mario Loffredo
Senior Technologist
Technological Unit “Digital Innovation”
Institute of Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
National Research Council (CNR)
via G. Moruzzi 1, I-56124 PISA, Italy
Phone: +39.0503153497
Web: http://www.iit.cnr.it/mario.loffredo