Il 22/03/2024 13:01, Gould, James ha scritto:
Andy,

It's not a question of fairness, but a question of what is defined in EPP RFC
5730 as it comes to extensibility of EPP.  EPP RFC 5730 includes extensibility
of transport, as reflected in Section 2.1.

This is what I meant to say with my previous post.

Mapping EPP over a new transport is compliant with RFC5730 because it's a kind of extension defined and allowed by that document itself. Otherwise I do wonder what would be the purpose of Section 2.1.

On the contrary, as expressed by many of us including me, REPP would be something different from EPP , hence it would require to recharter RegExt. Otherwise I wouldn't catch the purpose of the feedback provided by this WG about first EoH version

to require it to be fully compliant with RFC5730. And that version was really almost compliant with RFC5730.

Finally, I'd allso like to outline that some time ago I provided Maarten with a more comprehensive feedback about REPP on CENTR R&D list. It included the objections I have just raised here.

Am sure that I've always been fair.

Best,

Mario

--