Ok, this is done.  If you like, I could also duplicate the grace.write
user function into a new plotting.write user function so that you have
a software independent way into the plotting API, via the standard
user interface.  Or maybe this could be plotting.write_xy.  I would
then shift the pipe_control.grace.write() function:

    http://www.nmr-relax.com/api/3.3/pipe_control.grace-module.html#write

into the pipe_control.plotting module:

    http://www.nmr-relax.com/api/3.3/pipe_control.plotting-module.html

and add the format='grace' argument.  Actually, this moving of the
write() function is so basic I'll do that now for setting up more
infrastructure for you to work with.  Done:

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.scm/25348

Regards,

Edward