Hi Edward,

I installed mpi4py and OpenMPI both from the fedora packages. I had a
mpi4py that I downloaded via the site itself, and compiled it, but I wasn't
able to install it so I deleted it. The command
mpirun --np 5 python -c "import mpi4py; from mpi4py import MPI;
print('Mpi4py %s process %d of %d on
%s.'%(mpi4py._version_,MPI>COMM_WORLD.Get_rank(),MPI>COMM_WORLD.Get_size(),MPI.Get_processor_name()))"

gave no output. These are the mpi packages I have installed
Openmpi:
openmpi-1.7.3-1.fc.20(64-bit)
openmpi-devel-1.7.3-1.fc20(64bit)
pypar-openmpi-2.1.5_108_3.fc.20(64bit)
python3-mpi4py-1.3.1-1.fc20(64bit)

Mpi4py
mpi4py-common-1.3.1-1.fc20
mpi4py-mpich-1.3.1-1.fc20
mpi4py-openmpi-1.3.1-1.fc20
python3-mpi4py-mpich-1.3.1-1.fc20
python3-mpi4py-openmpi-1.3.1-1.fc20

Could you reccomend which packages specifically I should install? I could
just tell my PI to remove all the openmpi and mpi4py programs, and download
the specific 2 that do work (if there is a problem with having different
mpi's and mpi4py's)

All of these were installed from the fedora packages themselves. Also the
locate mpi list gave me a massive output (I assume this is because I have 5
programs that use mpi)
Sincerely,
Sam